Today was my first day of the hCG injection diet. I thought I'd keep a progress report on my blog....why not eh? What if my experience (hopefully a positive one) helps someone...ya never know.
In April I went to a physician's clinic that prescribes the hCG drug. Not all doctors do. I had a consultation appointment that consisted of being asked lots of questions about my health history and family health history, being measured and weighed. I was given a requisition for blood work, urine tests and an EKG. After I'm free of any contraindications, I was given the prescription. At the pharmacy where I got the med, they also supplied me with 23 insulin syringes, 23 x 25G needles, 1 x 10 cc syringe and 1 needle. The 10cc syringe was to put the diluent into the vial of powder to be reconstituted. The other needles/syringes were for my daily injections.
I drove to BL yesterday for 2 nites to visit friends and when I arrived I realized I forgot my mom's bathroom scale. I need to weigh myself at the same time everyday. So my wonderful friend S.D. loaned me hers and I'll return it tomorrow on my way out of town. So this am I woke up at 630am to weigh myself as that's the time I'd do it when I work day shifts. After weighing, I went back to bed. I could barely read the number on the scale...still asleep. My first 2 days of this diet are 'gorge' days. That means I eat all I can and to make it as unhealthy as possible to build up the fat store for when the body starts the reduced calorie intake starting on day 3. Before going out this am, I injected myself in the thigh. It really wasn't as scary as I'd first thought; first the needle is a 25G which is teeny, tiny. Don't even feel it.
My breakfast consisted of pizza pops and Oreo ice cream. When I went out I grabbed a bag of chips and drove to Granisle for a belated birthday lunch with a friend. Our annual routine in March was me bringing a cheesecake to Granisle for the b'day lunch. So I had a chicken burger/fries/gravy lunch with strawberry cheesecake for dessert. Sure was full after all that. Then I drove back to BL and at 445pm went to Mulvaney's for dinner with 3 friends and the hockey game. I ordered 5 bbq wings to start and a lime margarita, then a taco salad and another margarita...mmmmm....once again very fully.
Went back to the house for the 3rd period of the game, which the Canucks won 1-0 in the last 19 secs of the game, and at the remainder of my Oreo ice cream....that's it for today. My weight increased almost 5 lbs since 630am....gross!! Tomorrow I'm up again at 630am to weigh myself, back to sleep till whenever, inject myself then get ready to leave town. Friday is when the 'petal hits the metal'.
Went back to the house for the 3rd period of the game, which the Canucks won 1-0 in the last 19 secs of the game, and at the remainder of my Oreo ice cream....that's it for today. My weight increased almost 5 lbs since 630am....gross!! Tomorrow I'm up again at 630am to weigh myself, back to sleep till whenever, inject myself then get ready to leave town. Friday is when the 'petal hits the metal'.
So gonna end this with that. I'm gonna try and record my progress via this blog regarding weight loss and daily menu. Here's to an easy 20 lb loss!! Yay for getting back to regular clothing sizes in a short period of time!!
Hmm. Interesting process. Hope it isn't too hard on your body! Good luck!
ReplyDeleteUseful information shared...Aim very happy to read this article..thanks for giving us nice info. Fantastic walk-through. I appreciate this post. Hcg diet
ReplyDelete