Sunday, June 5, 2011

Day 3 of hCG diet

This am I was awoken at 630am to step on the scale.  I had lost 30lbs!!!  That’s no misprint either.  The scale was 30 lbs less than the day before.  Well something had to have been wrong, so I pushed some buttons, switched the units of weight from kg to lbs to stone…still no change.  Went back to bed and when I got up the scale was the same.  Although I seemed to have gained 2 lbs. 
I mentioned this to mom and of course she knew something was wrong, rather than congratulate me on my awesome weightloss. She wasn’t home to check out the scale so I proceeded with my day.  I had a coffee with stevia for breakfast, an orange for snack, lemon/garlic sole and 1 cup cucumbers for lunch, and then shake n’bake chicken and 1 cup asparagus with lemon for dinner.  This totaled about 435 calories.  I’m not tired, not light headed either.  I’ve drank 1L of water so far and 1L to go (@730pm).  To this bottle of water I squeezed lemon and a couple drops of plain stevia and there’s a bit of sweetness to it, makes it more enjoyable to drink.
Ok, now my thoughts throughout the day.  After lunch I was sorta feeling unsatisfied with the quantity of food but didn’t do anything about it but drink water.  Mom made a stir fry with rice and chicken for dinner and the rice sure looked yummy, but NOPE, didn’t give in.  Too much at stake.  I had a left over bag of “sun chip” style French onion chips in my car that I handed over to mom.  I ate my dinner, which was ok….there was a bit too much kick to the homemade shake n’bake seasoning but don’t know what it was that did that.  While sitting outside on the deck with dad, mom came on the deck and dad said “Let’s get some ice cream”.  Mom said “I was thinking the same thing.”  Then dad said “Ok, the 3 of us will get ice cream.”  I just looked at him and mom said I can’t have any.  A little bit of torture.  I don’t think dad said that intentionally either….just not quite clued into what I’m doing.  So off they went.  I just made my last 1L bottle of water with lemon and stevia and am now blogging.
My one realization is that it’s easy to grab something to snack on even when you’re not hungry.  It’s just something to do.  At least that’s how it is/was for me.  When I normally would snack on crackers or something, I’m not having anything unless it’s a piece of fruit as long as I don’t go over 500 calories/day.  I hope this diet/routine will condition my mind that eating doesn’t need to fill in the time when not eating regular meals.  Guzzle down some water instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment