Saturday, July 16, 2011

Maintenance Phase starts

Well it's been a couple days since last blogged, my apologies.

My trip to Burns Lake was fun.  Woke up at 4:45am, left the house at 5:20am, sat in a traffic lineup for about 10 min because of a single car accident, then sat in another lineup because of road work.  Got to Burns Lake at 8:10am.  My friends there were really surprised and impressed at my loss and the difference of my size.  I knew that would happen but didn't know the exact response I'd get.  Made me feel good.

My lunch was chicken (that I cooked up the day before), cucumber and a piece of b'day cake that is provided every month for those whose birthdays are each month.  I knew some gain would happen but I was ok with that.  Sure wassssss yummy.

After work I met Shelagh for a snack/coffee at New Leaf cafe and ended up having the taco salad which had gluten-free tacos in it.  Then when I got home, around 6pm, mom, Dwayne, Bev (mom's cousins) and I went to White Spot for dinner.  I had the Fajita Salad in a taco bowl which was delicious but not so carb-free unfortunately.  Oh well.

The next day I had gained 1.7 lbs....another 'oh well'.  Yesterday at work I followed the diet perfectly (500 calories) and had a small bowl of popcorn in the evening as I was quite hungry but didn't want to cook meat as I none was defrosted.  I stayed up until midnight on the computer doing geneology searches and surfing but was I ever tired.  When I woke up this am at 8:30am it occurred to me that I was still doing 500 calorie days but without the injection to end the diet.  The past 3 nites were later than normal nights because of the company, did 5 hrs of driving on Thurs to and from BL, then yesterday a low calorie day and late to bed.  Of course I would be extra tired, duh!  BUT this am I weighed myself and had lost 2.2 lbs so that put me back to my 30.3 lb loss that had occurred this past Wednesday.  Not too shabby.

Today starts the 6 week Maintenance Phase of the first 3 weeks of still no carbs/sugars and then the last 3 weeks of slowly introducing the carbs/sugars.  My vacation starts on Aug 25 and I'm in the lower mainland/island for 2 weeks.  I need to maintain or lose the weight and not gain although I will give myself a leniency of a 5 lb gain.  I hope somewhere in me I can get some exercise incorporated too to keep the weight off.

No comments:

Post a Comment