Saturday, July 9, 2011

Days 37 & 38 of hCG diet

Today is day 39 but am just writing about days 37 & 38 as it's only 9:07am.  

Well since that 3 lb gain, I have been able to be good and lose 0.8 lbs on day 37 and 0.2 lbs on day 38....I'm suspecting the popcorn I ate on day 37 contributed to the small loss on day 38, so no more popcorn from now on.  Air popped popcorn has a small amount of carbs but even so, a small loss or gain will still happen.  It's insane to see how sensitive this diet is to the smallest cheat.....and you'd think I'd have learned by now.  Well this am (day 39) I went down 1.6 lbs with zero cheating yesterday.

My diet is still the boring normal stuff but I'm gonna decrease or get rid of all-together the fish part.  I don't mind the same way of preparing it every time as it does mask the fish flavour but I just don't like it....chicken or beef is the way for me.

Yesterday mom and I went to Walmart and I bought lots of meat.  I got:  ground lean chicken, stir-fry beef strips, skinless & boneless chicken breasts, and extra lean ground beef.  I have a newly acquired 'chicken taco' recipe to use the ground chicken in.  I'm supposed to wrap it up in a lettuce leaf but iceberg lettuce doesn't wrap very well and butter lettuce is the best but most expensive.  I did that once with a 'beef taco' recipe but the iceberg lettuce tasted funny, so may have to use romaine as the other cheaper alternative.

My co-worker has done this diet 4x and has been talking to me about what I can have during the maintenance phase.  She said to order a latte from Starbucks but with whole milk as it has less carbs than lowfat milk....go figure.  So I'd probably have a tall, sugar free vanilla, whole milk latte and see how that goes....what a treat that would be!  I've been drinking 1 cup of black coffee with stevia for 38 days now.  That in itself is quite the feat but to go back to Starbucks would be like the prodigal son coming home...haha.  

Mom and I are planning on heading to 10 Mile Lake to meet up with my sister's family as they camped there last nite.  Oh the temptation to grab a subway sandwich for my dinner but after checking out the nutritional info on their website, there's NO way I'll be eating a sandwich with the huge amount of carbs and sugars in their bread and flatbread sandwiches.  How did Jared lose weight with that much carbs/sugars ingested?  Obviously not a no carb/sugar diet.  So if we do go to the lake, I'll bring a seasoned chicken breast and tomato basil salad for my dinner.  Woop-de-do.

Until then.....

No comments:

Post a Comment