Saturday, December 1, 2007

Update about me

Well it's been a lonnnnng time since I last blogged. (shame on me). I'm not sure where to start so here goes....

My youngest sister is pregnant and due the day after my birthday next year. I'm hoping for a boy because there are no boys in our family, except the bro-in laws but they don't count. Also what would be cool is that my dad could have a grandson to teach and play with. He's told me on occassion that if he had 3 boys instead of 3 girls their names would be Brick, Block and Stone.

I'm still single and living in the residence. I'm really hoping that a great suite becomes available and I can move out. Can you believe I've lived here for 17 months???? Some days I'm so sad I'm still here but other days I'm content because of the friends I've made who have come and gone from this place.

I recently got a raise at work because I completed a certification that classifies me as a Pharm Tech 1A instead of just a 1. So that's cool....I'm over $20.00/hr now!! Woohoo!! But the money seems to disappear after every paychecque....those darn bills and gas and groceries!

Our first snowfall this season was at the beginning of October; but at least it was only about 1 inch. Last year at the end of October, during the first snowfall, we got 3-4 feet!!! I'm soooo glad we haven't received that...yet. Sure we have snow....4-5 inches but that's good enough for me. When we get silly amounts of snow at one time it's hard to go anywhere especially to other towns....ya never know how the highways will be.

This past Thursday I went to Granisle for work as I do every month. The road to the turn off was great...when I had to turn off the highway the quality of road went down hill really fast!! I was white-knuckling it the whole way. Any sort of movement caused by ice just made me more nervous! And it was 50 kms till Granisle. Once I got there, in one piece, I decided I'm not doing this again next month. Yeesh!! I was shaking when I got outta the van. But then it gets better! I had to drive back to Burns Lake on the SAME road. It was worse going back. It took me 45min when it normally takes 30min. The corners were the best part of the road because of all the gravel on the road but on the straight stretches the sun was melting whatever was covering the ice underneath...sure was scary...and for those who know me well...I don't scare easily. Reason for all this scariness is that I ended up sideways in the ditch last December on the same road. So I'm not a fan of going quickly, big rigs behind/or passing me and ice.

Tonite is the hospital Christmas party. It's at a hall and will be a potlluck and dance. I'll be going but I'm not a huge Christmas party person. For one, I do not dance. So I hope there are others that don't either...make me feel better. (Lame eh?) Unfortunately most of the people at the hospital won't be there for whatever reason. Oh well....hopefully it will be fun anyways. I'm bringing my pasta salad. It has red and green veggies in it...Christmas colours.

Well for now, that's all I'm going to write. I do have pictures I'd like to post but am at the wrong computer for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment