Monday, December 17, 2007

CHRISTMAS QUESTIONS

I stole this from Hillary's blog. I hope you enjoy it!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Wrapping paper.

2. Real tree or artificial?
Fake. Where I live there's a 7.5ft fake tree with fake presents underneath. At my parent's place there's also a 7.5 ft fake tree...with lots of real presents.

3. When do you put up the tree?
Usually after Dec. 1st

4. When do you take the tree down?
Probably the wknd after Boxing day. Mom usually decides that.

5. Do you like egg nog?
No. I'm not a huge fan of creamy, thick drinks.

6. Favorite gift received as a child?
Probably the "Barbie & the Rockers" cafe.

7. Do you have a nativity scene?
My parents do. It's under the tree right now but when that tree starts bustling with gifts, it'll move of course.

8. Hardest person to buy for?
This year it was my middle sister and both brother-in-laws.

9. Easiest person to buy for?
Probably DAD. He's thankful for everything he gets. If he fakes it, no one can tell.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
Mail. I feel important and thought about when someone spends money on a stamp for me.
11 . Worst Christmas gift you ever received????
Not sure....if I received a bad gift, I may have blocked out that memory.

12. Favorite Christmas movie?
Probably a tie between "A Christmas Story" and "Christmas with the Kranks". Very funny.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
Usually Sept but got a late start this year....October. haha

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
I really doubt it.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
My Nuts n' Bolts mixture. It's been a tradition of mine for about 3-4 years.

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree?
Colored but in one color...blue is nice.

17. Favorite Christmas song?
Almost anything from the Transiberian Orchestra.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
I travelled every year after 2000 to my parent's place. In 2004 and 2005 I travelled about 5 min to my parent's place....this year will be a 2.5 hr drive.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers?
Dasher, Donner, Blitzen, Rudolph, Dancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid...and that was without looking them up.

20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
I believe it's an angel....I could be wrong.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
Morning! Dad is the most excited. He used to declare "HO HO HO" at 7am. Nowadays it's about 8am when we start.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year?
Too much snow!!!! And believe me, I've had too much at one time...what a hassle.

23. Favorite ornament theme or color?
I like uniformity, theme, color coordination.

24. Favorite part of Christmas dinner?
Dessert.

25. What do you want for Christmas this year?
A family that will get along perfectly....even if there are gag gifts and it seems silly.

26. Gift Cards. Yes, I like them, or No, too impersonal?
They're a bit impersonal but I think if you cannot physically get to that store but the receiver can, then go for it.

27. If yes, where from? If No, best place to shop for your present?
Starbucks is a must. Ikea is nice but even I can't get there as often as I'd like, LL Bean, Amazon, Chapters

No comments:

Post a Comment