Lately I've been thinking of new job/career choices that I could make. I'm not sure Pharmacy is my "thing" because I'm not very people-caring oriented. There are new developments slowly being made in pharmacy but they are patient centered which calls for patient interaction, and I'm thinking that's not for me. It's scary and nerve-racking.
So my next idea was drafting....not necessarily to become an Architect because that takes about 7 years but just a drafter. I still need to research what that actually means though. I don't know what else I could do. What are my strengths? What are my weaknesses? What makes me shine? Hmmm....I guess I gotta do some "soul" searching.
So for me to move on and change my way of life requires going back to school, which is cool but scary, possibly moving (again) and maybe living as a "starving student". Yuck! Hmmm....
Maybe I'll read through the programs offered at the closest University or College and see if any of them would work for me?
TO BE CONTINUED...
Hi, Mel;
ReplyDeleteCould you work at a hospital in PG until something else turns up or you decide to go back to school? It seemed like you were doing so well at your work?
I really don't want to work in the PG hospital. I'm not hearing the best things about it plus I already know that the pharmacy area is full of profanity. No thank you.
ReplyDeleteWork is boring. I literally don't have anything to do so sometimes I go to another dept to help out but don't get paid for that. I hate being bored and unproductive. I can only wait until a computer program is loaded on my comp so I can do daily order entry. Who knows when that will happen.
I'm currently looking into Athatbasca university in Alberta. The Information Systems major or certificate are interesting me the most. I can only do distance education as well. I can't move. Plan is to work and do online schooling at the same time.
We'll see.