Sunday, July 22, 2012

Now garlic bread....that's some good stuff

Today is day 2 of my hcg diet.  It's gorge day #2 as well and I'm eating freshly warmed up garlic bread.  And as my dad says "it's patario".  That's right, patario.  That term goes back to the 1950's.  My neice and nephew also use the term so it's going into it's 3rd generation of use. 

Yesterday am I injected the first time and the first poke hurt.  So had to try a different location on same thigh....less pain second time but still stung.  This am I did it again but up a little higher on same thigh and no feeling at all.  Sometimes it takes 3 tries. ha!

I've gorged on less food than the other times I've done this diet.  But what I did have was bacon, eggs, pancakes yesterday for breaky, then boston pizza for lunch, a skinny cow fudgesicle, part bag of Ariba chips (orange bag of course), 1/2 loaf of garlic bread (I'm eating other 1/2 now), and I think that's it.  Today finished the chips in the am, had a 12" subway sandwich w/2 cookies and a coke, and now garlic bread.  Oh ya, and at the grocery store I picked up 2 individual sized ice creams so ate one already.  During these 2 days it's important to get in ur fruits/veggies as a fiber source (if ya get what i'm saying). It's easy to forget when you're devouring the 'bad' foods.

I plan on doing 30 days rather than 23.  I'm goaling for 30 lbs lost (is goaling a word?).  I'm going to Disneyland in October and by the time the maintenance phase is done, I'll be in D'land 14 days later.  I'm cutting it close but I figure, pending I don't cheat, that the closer the end of the diet is to my vacation, there's less time to be bad (eating wise, I mean).

The part of this diet I don't enjoy is the meal planning and the cooking which pretty much sums up the whole process.  I just finished making 4 portions of chili, a modified recipe of course and I've weighed the chicken but still need to cook 3-4 portions of that but not sure what to do with it.  Gotta make it a bit more appetizing than just frying it with s&p.  Will look at recipes shortly.

What I learned about myself during the last time I did this diet (early this year) was to not treat this food as something enjoyable but rather something to just survive on.  If I was hoping for the food to be enjoyable I'd be disappointed every time and then cheating would be in order.  This food is just to eat for the calories and nothing else but of course it can't taste horrible either.  OH!! annnnnd I'm cutting out coffee during this time as well.  I know, I know, gonna be tough to not have my regular two cups in the am BUT I can't have sugar/cream and I can't drink it black so I'll be popping a wake up tab every morning to curb the caffeine headaches I'm anticipating.  The wake up tabs have 100 mg caffeine/tab and 1 cup of coffee has 150 mg/cup so no harm no fowl.  

So that's my first update on this diet, round 4.  Here's to a successful time around and to size 12 jeans!

No comments:

Post a Comment