I haven't blogged in a litte while cause I haven't really wanted to site in front of the computer more than I have to. My pharmacy job, right now, consists of project work that will take me to the end of March. The project work, which is offered on occassion to techs, entails of working with a couple of other techs, the Regional Manager of Pharmacy as well as some other 'big wigs'. I am currently working to standardize PPMOs. Of course, any body reading this will not understand my lingo. PPMOs are pre-printed medication orders. There are standard orders for docs to write for different situations in the hopsital. Since these ones are pre-printed with probably ticky-boxes, the orders are easy for the docs to write.....tick off the ticky-boxes, fill in some blanks, and sign the bottom. See...easy. Well for the project I'm working on, the goal is to standardize the PPMOs around the whole health region in Northern BC. There are many site specific ones that can either be turfed, modified or turned into regional orders. I have to weed thehrough them all, sort them, and make the process more streamlined. Ok, that was a boring topic, but it explains why I don't wanna sit at the computer more than I have to in a day.
I'm also enrolled in an online Pharmacology course through UBC & College of Pharmacy. I have to do 4 online courses, and some exams to complete the regulation process as described in a previous post. This requires more computer work after work and on wknds....still no time for blogging.
Another update is my parent's house is officially for sale, the sign is up and it's posted on www.mls.ca and in the property newspaper. We had an open house yesterday with many positive comments but many negative comments about the location, and we know about that....crumby location, great house. We are a bit overpriced as well for the location, unfortunately. This location, apparently, cost us $10,000 of our asking price. There are 1 or 2 houses of casual interest by my parents but still gotta sell this place before purchasing another. Reason for selling is to have a newer house, with more space. The house will be my parents' retirement house as well so the newer it is, it will be easier to sell later on when my parents move out. So I'm sure there will be more updates about this topic later.
Back to the pharmacy school topic....I had a great epiphany today at work. With the money I spent so far on courses/exams, and what money I'll be remibursed can go to my savings as the credit card has been paid off. So far, for what I've sent away for reimbursment, my amount back will be almost $300.00. That's a good start. My employer has agreed to cover up to $1500.00 over 4 years and the tuition reimbursement program via my employer has agreed to pay 50% up to $500.00 per fiscal year. So a large chunk of what I pay out will be given back. I may just be able to go on a vacation this summer. I had almost completely written off that idea but it may actually happen.
Well that's it for now...It's 9:44pm and time for bed.
Thanks for the e-mail message as well. Sounds like you are keeping super busy! Congrats on paying off the credit card. Awesome. "The borrower is slave to the lender"- Dave Ramsey. Nice to stay away from that!!!
ReplyDelete