About 2 weeks ago, I found out I got a full time job at the Pharmacy I'm already working at. The position I ended up getting was previously held by a lady named Maria who decided to leave pharmacy and work in a different department in the hospital.
I applied for it and because I had the most senority of the people that applied, I got it. Sooooo, that means I'm a Pharmacy Assistant 2A, with a catch. The classification of 2a signifies that I have specific training in mixing CIVA products, TPNs and chemo. Well I don't have that training yet. It will come in the near future and it will involve 4 straight weeks of it. (And I hear they are a lonnnnnnng 4 wks). The position I just had was a Pharmacy Assistant 1A; so by upgrading I get a $1.05/hr more, so I'm now up to $22.95/hr. Now I'm working Mon-Fri, 0700-1518, in a 12 wk rotation. Two of the weeks require me to work 2 wknds....not so shabby compared to my previous position of working EVERY wknd.
I started on Feb 7 some project work that required a couple volunteers, so I volunteered for something different to do. I'm working along side with the Regional Director of Pharmacy, her admin assistant, and the Pharmacy Operations Manager. The projects are mainly regional and require A LOT of computer work and reading. It is mentally tiring and I am mentally tired by the end of my work day. The 4th floor is where the admin offices are and the nickname that goes with admin offices is "sweater girls" or something along those lines. For kicks I wore a sweater a couple fridays ago and this past Thurs was the National Sweater Day so I wore one then too. The bunch of gals I work with and hang out with at work are hilarious and it's fun (for me) to make them laugh by being a good sport and wearing a sweater cause I'm now a 'sweater girl'. Unfortunately I couldn't sport the argyle print as it was too big.
These same people also have the love of great food such as the Olive Garden. We have found some recipes online on the actual Olive Garden website. I've made 3 of the recipes so far. Two of them were awesome!! http://www.olivegarden.com/recipes/recipe_search/
The first one I made was Chicken Crostina. If you attempt to make it, give yourself an easy 2 hrs to prepare and cook. There's no walking away from the stove during the cooking of this one. The second one I made was Chicken Milanese. The sauces both have white wine in them, I used cooking white wine and the flavour is quite prevalent in them both. The third one I made wasn't listed on the OG site so I did a search and found Chicken and Shrimp Carbonara. It was good except I'm not a fan of strong cheeses and I didn't know Romano would be like that. Other than that, yummy as well.
B
ack to the gals I work, well I thought of, one day, we will be called Olive Sisters. I'm Molive, Colleen is Colive, Tara is Tolive and Rhonda is Rolive. We all get a kick outta those nicknames. (pound it!)
Well that's all for tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment