Saturday, February 19, 2011

Dad's Last Day

Today is my dad's last day of his 8 week vacation time at home.  He flies to Vancouver tomorrow morning.  Tonight everyone (except Dave) came over for dessert, fruit flan or as my dad said "fruit phegm", and hung out.  I played with Saibry and Corbin.....Saibry is really enjoying putting puzzles together and you'll never guess what my mom pulled out of the kids toy closet..... a 1981 Strawberry Shortcake puzzle from when Tenille and myself were really young.
After a few tries with help she was able to do most of it on her own.  She's got a good memory.  Then Corbin and I were playing with his Ikea wooden stacking toy.  He's got such a good grasp at stacking the round pieces on the stick.  Then he would tip over the tower of round wooden pieces, push it and it would roll around in a circle.  I took a video of this process.

Then I came to the kitchen table and Corbin wanted up on one of the chairs (gpa's).  I still had the camera so it was photo-op time.  He's really good at saying "cheese" in his own way....."eeeeeeeee". Super cute!  I got a video of him saying that too. 

Right now I'm trying to upload the first video using the One True Media website....slow going.  Anyways, mom and dad did chinese food buffet tonight for their dinner and Tenille and I scooted off to Kelly O'Brien's for my usual patchos meal.  That sure filled me up.  (I didn't take this pic but it's what I love to eat there!! mmmmmmm...)  The sauce is honey mustard, more like the Mississippi brand in the clear jar that's sold at grocery stores. 

Well perhaps I'll post a video another time....only at about 60%.  So it's dad's last nite and because of some set backs with his scheduling, we don't know when his next visit home will be....yes, they are visits.  He's home for 2 months in a row once a year and the other times it's 3-6 days (or so) at a time.  That's life up here in the north.

No comments:

Post a Comment