Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas is only but 361 days away

The tree is put away, the stockings are packed away and all the Christmas baking has been eaten. Some homes may keep the tree up until 2009 but my parents took theirs down yesterday (Dec 28th). Guess it gets in the way when vacuumming....
This Wednesday is New Years' Eve and the only plans I have is "wing night" with some friends from work at the local pub. Wing night has been a weekly ritual for us for the past couple months now and we all look forward to getting out, having fun, and having someone else cook our dinner. Other than that, no plans but to sleep in the next day and probably do some house work, math homework and whatever else. Has New Years' eve/day become over-rated?
My Christmas was nice and quiet. My sisters and their hubby's were over in the morning and then went to the in-laws for the rest of the day. So I spent the day with my parents. I tried to get a nap in every day and even went to bed super early for two of the days....guess I was tired. The drive back to BL was a bit hard. I had drank 2 cups of Iced Tea and a Starbucks coffee before and during the drive but my eyes were battling to stay open. At least the roads were in good condition and there wasn't any wild life lingering on the side of the highway. After getting home, I unpacked and went to bed at 7:30pm. I'm such a party animal!
Well 361 days until Christmas again....I don't know about you, but I don't plan on getting into the spirit until at least October!

No comments:

Post a Comment