This lady has stuck by me and believed in me when I was going through rough times in my life, either when I was living in the lower mainland or when I had moved north. She faithfully has prayed for me for many reasons and the main one being that I find a good Christian husband. The last time she was in the hospital recovering from Esophogeal cancer she prayed that she's not ready to go yet as she needs to watch me walk down the aisle. Well if the time has come for her to leave this earth, she won't be watching me walk down the aisle. I still very single with no forecasts of when a wedding may happen. It would be a miracle if Grandma lasts that long. But I know it won't happen...at least in her lifetime. :(
Grandma has routinely called me every week to say HI and see how and what I was up to...I would also call her as often, most of the time, for the same reason. I know my other sisters don't make those routine phone calls to either grandparents....long distance phone plan or not.
In Grandpa's case, it will be so sad to see how he will handle this now since we have an approximate time line and then after she passes. Grandma has been admitted to the Palliative ward which means there's a chance she may only have up to 6 months to live. Now Grandpa has a time line and can hopefully prepare for the physical end of his wife. Thankfully my mom is flying down next Monday to be with her parents....get things in order as she says. I don't know what all is involved with that. Hopefully Grandma can come home next week and not stay couped up in a dreary hospital room. Mom will have to convince Grandpa of this as he thinks she's too weak to be home....but the saying is....rather be home and die in dignity than in a hospital when that option is available. It's much easier for the family to be around then too.
I hope I have enough time/warning that I can go down there and see Grandma before she passes away. In a way it's too bad we don't know when for sure this will happen. I'm such a 'planner' by fault...thankfully my boss says I can leave when I think I should and he'll arrange for coverage of my job. Wow! What a great man! So understanding.
I hope my next blog entry doesn't signify her last day with us.
No comments:
Post a Comment