Sunday, June 8, 2008

My Grandma... another update

Well as of last night she has turned for the worst. Yesterday she was coherent and having conversations with everyone then last night something happened and now she is babbling about nothing, is aggitated, won't eat, drink, constantly wants to get up out of bed to use the bathroom or start cleaning things. (This is all reported from my mom who's there.) This is awful especially since I'm not there to be with her. She's not comprehending much conversation and at times she doesn't know you're even there. The doctor has suspected she's contracted an infection and it's making her behave in odd ways. She receives medication to control the aggitation and she becomes sedated so that's ok and easier on the family that's with her.
I can't even begin to understand how/what Grandpa is going through. I do wish I was there. I know I may be a 'wreck' while there cause even after or during phone calls with mom about Grandma's condition I tear up.
I have decided to go to Surrey this coming Saturday morning for an undetermined amount of time....perhaps until she's passed or when mom wants to come back up north. I have 27 days of sick time available to me so I need to talk with my boss tomorrow at work to figure out a plan of action for me. There's no way I can leave unpaid.
Anyways, it's hard to muster a smile now and I have so much stuff on my plate in the next little while it's gonna be difficult for me cause I'm a worrier and a planner but those 2 things don't help me at all when I feel overwhelmed.....

No comments:

Post a Comment