Friday, May 6, 2011

New (cheap) Spectacles


Today I received in the mail my new pair of glasses from Clearly Contacts, a Cdn company.  A couple weeks ago, they had a promotion that gave away 10,000 pairs of glasses including standard lenses.  I jumped on that bandwagon fast!  
The original pair of glasses that arrived last Friday were unwearable by me.  I had accidentally entered my prescription in wrong....-5.00 instead of -0.500....kinda makes a large difference and that was just in one lens, the other one was right.  The incorrect lens was about 4x thicker than the other one....just slightly unwearable eh?  So they were returned (free of charge) and I corrected the prescription and ordered a new set of glasses. They couldn't replace the incorrect lens with the correct one as they receive many pairs a day in the mail. They just send u a new pair unless that frame is unavailable, like mine was, I had to select a new pair.  (See above). 
The new frames are Kam Dhillon 3022 Brown. These cost me just over $15.00.  Not too shabby.  I'll submit the receipt to my extended health care carrier in Aug as that's when it's renewed.  These glasses are very light, wirey, and delicate but durable as well.  
I'm really liking that I don't look like I'm wearing glasses now, except for the bridge part....one step closer to the appearance of perfect eye sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment