Over the weekend I had to think about what my decision should/would be regarding my job and the training. Today I received an encouraging email from my boss with her "two cents" in it. She recommended that I go back to my part time wknd position of order entry and pick up shifts like I did before. I averaged about 8 shifts/2 weeks so almost full time. That wasn't my huge concern regarding going back to part time. One of my main concerns/worries was I'd be taking the part time position away from a co-worker. In turn I will be giving up a full time position that will be up for bids but doubt that co-worker will be eligible for it (lack of seniority). Another point is that this co-worker is a good friend of the person I bumped last April when I first joined this pharmacy. Ugh.
Because I know the people in this pharmacy 'talk', I will be cautious (as usual) when I go back to work next Monday. I anticipate talk behind my back, complaining, and possibly being nicknamed the "bumper". I'd probably call myself that too. Believe you me, I don't wish this situation on anyone and really don't look forward to next Monday and/or the days after but gotta continue with life, hope for the best, do my best, and just be myself and my real friends will be noticed.
I don't think I need to worry about my planned vacation time, should still be the same with vacation pay to compensate those days gone. That was one of my worries as well.
My boss did send out a communication to the pharmacy staff regarding this change in positions and about the posting that will come up for the full time job. The email was very nice, explained briefly the reason for stepping down, and sounded genuinely real. I am thankful for the support she has shown/given to me during this HARD time. Bosses like that don't come around very often.
My part time job will start on May 21st. I hope this will be an open door for great things to happen to/for me.
A partial load has been lifted.
No comments:
Post a Comment