Sunday, January 9, 2011
Eclairs anyone?
On Dec 6, 2010 my dad and I baked eclairs aka cream puffs. Let me tell you the whole story.
During Nov & Dec, when dad came home for a few days between trips, him and I picked out a dessert recipe and baked. I assisted while he attempted the majority of the baking. The first time we baked chocolate souffle. That was interesting. When the final product came out of the oven, it fell. The dish didn't fall, the souffle fell in the dish. We don't really know what the final product was supposed to feel/taste like but it was edible.
The second time we baked coffee cake. That turned out good. Who knew the batter would be sooooo thick that when dad was putting it into the pan, he was able to hold the spoon of batter about 24" above the pan and it wouldn't fall into it.....had to shake it a bit for it to let go of the spoon....super thick batter.
The third time was chocolate eclairs. They turned out scrumptious!! They were the most work. Before we attempted these, dad found a 'how to' video on YouTube which helped to understand the instructions better. I did the hard part of mixing the dough....ended up with a blister on my finger from the spoon too. Anyways, we added some green food colouring to the whip cream that we squirted into the puff. They were awesome!
During each baking session, a video was taken via my camera. We didn't take any pics (except for eclairs), just made videos. I tried to upload onto YouTube and Facebook but failed all times. Wonder why? Oh well...I enjoyed baking with my dad. Kinda like 'father-daughter' bonding time. Although there were no personal conversations involved, we baked together and my dad gained some new experience.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment