Friday, March 6, 2009

Hanging out with a great friend

On Feb 25th I flew to Vancouver for the purpose of attending a medical appointment in Victoria the next day. I stayed with my grandpa's house for the 3 nights, had dinner with him at Whitespot and loved every minute of it....the big city quality meals sure are better than the small town quality I get where I live....but what can ya do? :)
On the 26th I grabbed a taxi, hopped on the ferry and went to Victoria. While I was walking on, 2 guys tried to get on the boat without a boarding pass. Nevertheless, they were escorted off the boat. I grabbed another taxi after the ferry and the driver turned out to be hung over, stinking of alcohol, almost sleeping at the wheel and, on top of it all, was punching his own chin to try to stay awake!!! His driving wasn't erratic but what an experience. After 1.5 hrs at the appointment, I grabbed ANOTHER taxi, got on the ferry and then grandpa picked me up at the other side.
The next day, I went with my friend Tracy to Bellingham to look for an outfit for a wedding I'm going to on March 14th. We had a riot. I found a top and necklace/earrings in the states and figured I could get the black pants and shoes in Canada. ( I did.) After shopping in Bellis Fair we went to the Olive Garden for dinner. Below was what we had. I had chicken & shrimp carbonara.... yummmmmmmy!!! It was insanely SUPERB!!! Big city vs. small town.....and the big city wins again!!
We sure laughed it up in the car....got a bit annoyed when we had to pay taxes at the border, but if it wasn't for that "premature anticipation" what would we have?

1 comment:

  1. Glad you made it home alive! I've always liked Bellingham as well. It really is the great 'not-too-big-not-too-small' town.

    ReplyDelete