Tuesday, March 31, 2009

More Homemade Cards - made by moi

I attended a card making class in Smithers on this past Sunday afternoon. I made 10 cards, 2 of each design, for $25.00. You can't even purchase cards in the store for that price anymore, unless it's at the dollar store of course. I stamped the trees, embossed with black powder, then sponge stamped colors to make a sunset.
I cut out tracings of 2 different styles of petals and attached a large brad in the centre to attach to the card.
The "greenery" in the cone is made from "flower soft". Flower soft is a package of tiny flowers. I had a 2" piece of wire, put white glue on it and drizzled the flowers over so they attach to the wire, let dry.
This is a large stamp of a decorative easter egg with a ribbon. I colored in the egg and ribbon with felt pens. I used distress ink and sponged the egg for the 'antique' affect. I also sponged around the pink paper with the same ink.

This one is my favorite. The butterfly was a stamp as well as the "dream". I used a white gel pen to add the affects on the butterfly and around "dream".

No comments:

Post a Comment