Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Medical Trip update

A quick update, again.  When do I ever intentionally write a long update?

I flew via Hope Air to Kelowna with no problems except both descents (to Van and Kelowna) were a bit turbulant so was NOT hungry for dinner or snack.  I taxied to the motel which was average, surfed the net for a while before hunkering down for the nite.  The a/c was noisy when it turned on and it did wake me up around 2 am so had to switch to fan only.  (Some needless info for you.)

My appt was at 9am so gave myself plenty of time to get ready, grab breaky @ Starbucks across the street from the motel and then walk to the dr's office.  Funny thing happened while showering though.....I had this random thought "I didn't see a blowdryer in the bathroom".  You know how blowdryers are usually mounted to the bathroom walls, well not here there wasn't.  The significance of this thought was this was the first time I didn't bring my own blowdryer; I tried to pack light.  Now my subsequent thoughts were.... "I have no hair products", "Maybe if I towel dry hard, I can straighten my hair with the hair straightener.....but not really", "This is gonna be bad if I have to air dry it".  Ya I guess I was mildly freakin' out.  So after towel drying like a mad women, I decided to check other drawers for hopes of a the blow dryer.  I found it in the dresser drawer below the TV....odd place for it but soooo thankful it was there!  So the day started off ok.

Long story short, the dr appt ended up being only 30 min long as the shock tests showed I have mild carpal tunnel and it generally just flares up rather than all the time.  No surgery needed.  So what was originally planned as a 60-90 min appt was significantly shortened so after taxiing back to the airport, I had a lot longer to wait. 

Once I got home, after 4pm, I unpacked and was quite tired.  Back to work the next day.  One specialist appt down, one to go for my knees.  Soon, hopefully really soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment