Well if you've been up on the news lately from BC, you probably know about the many severe wild fires that are burning right now.
This is a pic from the shore of Tchesinkut Lake in Burns Lake. That is smoke in the background with a plane doing fly-bys with water.
The smoke has been a horrible health issue in PG. It's really bad for those who already have respiratory problems but for those who don't, sore throats, head aches, runny/stuffy noses, red/itchy eyes are the common side effects.
Here's another picture taken the same day at the same lake. Looks gloomy yet nto so gloomy because of the blue sky, which we hadn't seen much in PG.
In the morning and evening the sun would shine bright pink or red. That was because of the smoke and particles in the air in front of the sun. Occasionally we wouldn't even see the sun.
The smoke prevents me (for example) from walking outside for exercise, driving because of the ash that flies into the car via the vents, and sitting outside. My throat has been hurting for a few days now and I feel like I have a head cold because of the congestion. Very gross.



This is a picture in the area of Fraser Lake, near PG. I'm sure this plume of smoke has been part of the bad air quality in PG.
Just today I heard that Edmonton and even Saskatchewan has started to see/smell the BC smoke. Doesn't smoke eventually dissipate eventually?
I heard from the radio that the smoke is supposed to die down by this next Monday. The weather has partly to do with that...cooler temps, rain and little wind will bring the smoke to an end.
Let's all PRAY FOR RAIN....at least 1 hours worth.
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment