
I received my Skechers Shape Ups in the mail this past Tuesday from an Ebay purchase. I paid $108.00 Cdn including shipping/handling. In Canada the shoes are $145.00 everywhere so I got a killer deal by ordering from the States.
I've worn them all week to work except for today. They are very comfy and I DO sense that a workout is had for my legs. The first day I wore them around the house I felt a twinge of shin splints in one leg!! What the heck??!! The other days I wore them I wasn't doing a lot of walking but when I did I could feel my legs getting tired as the day wore on. My main reason for purchasing them is to relieve the pain in my heels. I have diagnosed myself with 'heel spurs' or plantar facititis.....a painful condition involving the heel(s). These shoes have been designed with minimal pressure on the heels when standing for long periods of time which I will be doing at work, depending on the shift I've been assigned. Here's something really sad that's happened in the last month; I've started to feel calf muscles become more defined in my calves. Shows how much exercise I DON'T when the majority of activity I do is at work.
I hope that these shoes will help my posture as well as the other types of toning that's advertised these shoes should help with.
Part 2 (as per previous post). Last Friday I had an appt with a psychologist who I've been seeing off and on for the past few months. I explained to her all that I posted in the previous post about lack of motivation to lose weight, feeling lazy and not making an effort, about my sister and friend's weight loss, etc. What the psychologist said was interesting though. She said she didn't feel I was lazy...instead she sensed that I felt more discouraged than laziness. For example, I would try many diets, they worked for a short time then they failed or I did so then I abandon the idea of diets = discouragement; lack of motivation to become active meaning I don't like walking, I never have and doubt I will ever like it in the near future....the gym costs money, there isn't a sport out in the community I feel confident enough to join, and I don't have the money to purchase a bicycle to get any sort of exercise from. I'm not lazy in pursuing these things but rather I feel walls have been put up and I feel discouraged about not being able to do what I want in regards to activity. If there was a badminton night at the high school during the school year, like in BL, I'd probably try to go. Imagine playing a sport and wearing my Shape Ups at the same time??? What an impact that could be for me, but alas, not gonna happen.
Bachloretting: Last week for about 7 days I was home alone as my parents were on a vacation to Niagara Falls. At first I felt lonely but after 3 days or so, I was liking the solitude and freedome to not have to push my chair in at the table, do the dishes right away, make proper meals etc. Don't get me wrong, I did keep the house tidy while being home alone but I didn't have to accomodate someone else. The one thing I didn't like about being by myself was the during the first weekend by myself. I must have had the biggest and worst cravings ever!! I ate McDonald's a couple times, New York fries, Dairy Queen, McD's McFlurries x 1, and I think that's it! How bad was I??? Once Monday rolled around I had to make a proper lunch for myself for work so that routine cause my breakfast to be it's usual and dinner to be it's usual as well (which wasn't much in the first place). I treated myself to some Starbucks as well............
It's been a number of days since I added my thoughts to this particular blog post and don't remember what else I wanted to talk about in it so I will just post now.
No comments:
Post a Comment