Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Finding motivation, bachloretting, and cooking PART 1

My friend, Diana, recently told me about this website called http://www.sparkpeople.com/.  It is all about nutrition, exersising, motivation, weight loss, calculating progress, joining groups for support etc.  The site also gives you the option to make your own blog.  I signed up (for free) and started, very little, making a blog.  I chose the colours, font etc....looks pretty.  I added my picture and wrote a little introduction.  My introduction basically says I'm lacking motivation (aka mojo) and I need help.
In the past few months my sister and Diana (not together) have been on a weight loss trek.  Diana has lost about 33 lbs so far and my sister lost an unknown amount and is now in regular sizes, not plus sizes.  She was involved in a "biggest loser" competition at work and I think she used weight watchers too.  I'm very envious of her achievement and, shame on me, I don't want to acknowledge it.  I am glad that Diana has been able to lose weight as her and I have many similarities in those areas.  I am also envious of her achievements as I don't have the motivation like she does.  I think she's a bit more mature than me in regards to eating well and being active, even just a little bit.  Yesterday my sister posted on FB that she's happy about her achievments and she thanked 2 people for their support.  That's one of my issues/problems -- I don't feel I have someone to support me fully in PG.  When I was in BL I woulda had a couple people there for support and it wouldn't have been a long distance support system either.  I would love to lose 100 lbs so I can wear regular sized clothing, and even wear the style I want to wear which I can't find in plus sized clothing; I'd be able to wear skirts/dresses without my thighs rubbing together, sit in a seat on a plane comfortably, perhaps feel better about myself, maybe even like myself so that I will be confident in myself and perhaps someone (a guy) will see that in me and become attracted to me and date me and then marry me.
All those reasons are definately good enough to be motivation for me to start trying to lose weight but the other issue I have is laziness and that comes into effect when thinking of what meals to prepare and getting off my butt to do something active outside!  Right now in my mind, if I had a scale with one side being 'laziness' and the other side being 'weight loss', the 'laziness' would be the heavier.
Before moving to PG from BL, I was thinking that perhaps I'd gain motivation to be more active....I thought one of my goals would be called "Conqueur Connaught", meaning being able to walk up this hill close to my parent's house. Connaught Hill Info & Pics I don't know how tall it is but I'm sure it would be a feat to accomplish.  Now in reality, the thought hasn't crossed my mind to do it.  Maybe when mom comes back from her vacation in Ontario that I can try to get her to come with me.  (fingers crossed)
Well that's the end so far of this particular blog....Part 2 and 3 to come soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment