Saturday, May 15, 2010

Random Update

I haven't blogged in a few weeks, mainly because I haven't had much to blog about; so I thought I'd blog about a bunch of little stuff instead of each little thing being blogged seperately.
Two Fridays ago was the end of my first 2 weeks at my new job. I work in a pharmacy as a pharm tech in the PG hospital. I'm 3 weeks into my orientation with about 3 weeks to go.  Working in a 'real' pharmacy in a large hospital sure takes some getting used to.  I used to work in a small 13 bed facility with no pharmacy (long explanation). It's nice to be busy the whole day considering at my old job I was bored or had little to do on a daily basis.  Anyways, my co-workers are nice, the job is a totally new experience, and living in PG (a city) is great for the amenities being so close by rather than 2.5 hrs away.
This July I will be driving down south to the lower mainland to visit friends, family, shop, explore new things perhaps, like river rafting, eat, drink and be merry.  I'm quite excited about the trip.  Earlier this year when my whole job life changed I had to cancel my April trip to the lower mainland and cancel my plans to go to California in the fall because my new job in PG is parttime.  I won't go bungee jumping this summer as my enthusiasm had changed regarding doing it since this whole change has happened and to be completely honest, I had totally forgotten about my potential plans to do so.  My friend, Melissa and I are going river-rafting this summer.  That will be another item to cross off the bucket list this year.  Her husband, Nathan, is joining us as well.  We'll be doing the combo trip (paddle and power) down the Thompson river starting in Lytton.  I can't wait!!!
My mom's dad drove 8.5 hrs last Saturday to come here for a visit.  He's staying for a week and it's great he finally came up.  Last time he was here was Sept 2008.  He met his great grandson for the first time so that was cool.  Corbin didn't play strange or anything.  Saibry, his great granddaughter, was a bit shy at first but gave gpa a 'high five'.  It's great seeing that sort of bond since grandpa isn't around very often.
My parents are still quite serious in buying a new house.  There is one house that my parents have checked out 5 times but the only thing really hindering them from putting in an offer is the amount of taxes to pay/year; over $4000! 
So today (May 15) my parents, grandpa and I will be looking at 5 houses with the real estate agent.  Who knows, maybe this will be the day my parents put in an offer???  We already have a buyer for this house too.  It's a co-worker of my dad's and he loves the house.  He really wants it.  My parents haven't even listed the house for sale....this guy wants it so that would be great to sell privately and avoid real estate fees.  I think we'll find out soon enough.
Today I'm going out to find some Skechers "Shape ups" for work.  My feet are in constant agony cause I'm on them ALL day, sometimes doing lots of walking too, not just standing.  My heels are throbbing by the end of the day so I need to relieve the pain.  The Skechers will do that but at the same time I will need to get used to walking differently as these shoes don't let you walk on your heels....it's a different way of walking along with toning muscles too.  They're $144.99 up here so will have to really think about spending that money and really try out the shoes in the store before buying them.  My poor feet need relief!
Anyhoo, that's all for now.  I need to get ready for the day.  I got  up at 7 am, it's 9:07 am now so need to get decent.  Grandpa took my parents out for an anniversary breakfast this am so I'm home alone for a little while.  House shopping will start at 1 pm today.

No comments:

Post a Comment