I don't like cooking for myself. I don't get any sort of gratification from it. If I have friends/family over as guests, I will put all I can into making a superb and memorable meal....but for myself...a bowl of popcorn sometimes is it.
When I first moved out to my own basement suite I was excited to grocery shop for myself...get anything I wanted, eat whatever I wanted. That was over 10 years ago. I barely remember what sort of stuff I made for my meals when I wasn't at work. Did I make the proper 3 item meal at supper time? How long into my independence did I enjoy grocery shopping and cooking? I honestly don't remember.
I lived in 5 basement suites while in the lower mainland and I really don't remember what my thoughts were on grocery shopping and cooking while on my own. For part of a year I had a female roommate. Did we cook together? Did I cook for her or vise versa? Why can't I remember?
So now that I'm in my 11th year of being out of the house (even though I've moved back home and live with my mom mainly), why haven't I've found a new enjoyment of the opportunity of cooking for more than myself? Here's my short theory of why: I have been living in such an unmotivated lifestyle that my 'motivated' lifestyle hasn't been awaken yet. How's that for a theory? Actually I had a different word than 'unmotivated' that I wanted to use in my description but I couldn't figure out what I really wanted to say. So what I did come out with is a bit of a BS version.
I think it would nice to try Weight Watchers again but alas, I'm just not gung-ho about making that effort right now. I have more than one reason to make that change but probably more than two reasons to not do it. Make sense?
Feel free to post your comments about this blog entry.

No comments:
Post a Comment