Sunday, March 21, 2010

Post-Birthday

It's one day past my birthday and since I haven't blogged in a quite a long time, what better time than now?

As I unwrap my red lindor chocolate eggs and pop them into my mouth to be melted slowly, I reminise about the past 4 days.  I was lucky to get Mar 18 & 19th off of work so I went to PG for an 'extended' weekend.  Thursday was fairly quiet.  I hung out with my dad as he had some days off, visited with my sister and her 'crickets', then shopped for new scrubs and new shoes.
(Me and the 'crickets').
Ok, guess the day wasn't too quiet.  My sister, Tenille, accompanied me to a store with scrubs I hadn't been to before.....what a selection! (http://www.scrub-inz.com/scrub-inz/)  I bought a cute "Alice in Wonderland" top, a butterfly/floral top, and black pants that don't even look like scrub pants.  I wore them all day yesterday, while shopping and in the house....so comfortable.  Trying these new stylish tops and bottoms kinda gave me some reassurance that I don't look too bad in them....these aren't frumpy like the others I first bought when entering the health field.  I also was successful in finding new running shoes by Saucony.
On Friday I did some errands and then at 5pm was picked up by my friend Diana and we bought tix for the 7:30pm "Alice in Wonderland" show and then met up with Brenda at The Keg for my 'pre-b'day' dinner.  It was fantastic!  I had the Filet Classic, medium well, with caesar salad, garlic mashed potatoes, and roasted veggies.  Afterwards because it was my b'day the waitress brought over a large piece of "Billy Miner's cake".  It was an ice-cream cake and sooooo delectable!  Man were we stuffed!  We had to walk around the block before heading to the theatre just so we weren't uncomfortable sitting in the theatre for almost 2 hours.
The movie was sold out so we sat on the side.  Good movie and fun to watch with the 3-D glasses on.  They weren't the usual red and blue paper ones though...they were identical to the eighties plastic black sunglasses. We looked good! (Diana wearing the glasses).
It was fun to hear the kids in the audience "ooooo" and "awwww" regarding the 3-D effects which I'm sure they've never seen before.  The first 3-D movie I saw was in Disneyland in either 1986 or 1987.  The movie was "Captain EO" with Michael Jackson.  That goes way back.
Saturday was my official b'day.  That was probably the quietest day out my whole long wknd.  Mom and I baked the creme de menthe cheesecake at 9am then went out later to bum around town.  At 5pm Caitlin, Brad and the 2 crickets came over for a pizza dinner and cheesecake.  I received some cards and a gift from them. 

Sunday was church, left overs for lunch, then left for BL at 2:30pm.  I'm bagged. 

So here's to year 31....may the road have less pot holes and frost heaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment