Sunday, April 11, 2010

Spring 2010 on the Southside

Diana and I went for a drive and ferry boat ride to the Southside yesterday to take pics of baby cows.  They're so small right now that I thought this would be the perfect time to capture them.  We had perfect weather too....perfect timing forsure!  Here are the sights I captured....
The baby cows were far from the road....a bit timid.
This white cow constantly stared at my friend and I.  This llama was on it's own with the cows at another farm.  He looked so proud.
This little guy was the "rebel" of the bunch as he was outside the fence. 
We came upon Cheslatta Falls on our drive.....I didn't even know they were there until Diana pointed them out so I drove backwards to the site to get a good look.
Here's Diana with her favorite animal and her being goofy in this little shack on the side of the road.
Diana and myself....our last wknd to hang out before I leave for PG.  After travelling back over the lake via ferry we drove north a bit and found an alpaka farm.  These little guys are so funny to look at.  I approached the fence and at first they walked away until I started talking to them in my funny "animal" voice and they came a bit closer.  This brown one is named Cashmere Cassy.  To me, these animals almost don't seem real; kinda like there's someone dressed in a costume....they have a comical face.  I wondered if they spit like camels do so I didn't stick my hand out to try and pet them....ya never know.
Here are the last animals we saw.  The deer along with 2 others scampered down the highway with their white tails standing up.  This one stayed to look at us and we snapped the picture.  And one last pic of the baby cows we sought out to find.
The weather was fantastic, the company was great and the memories will be never forgotten. 
Thanks Diana for being a great friend. I'll miss you when I move.

No comments:

Post a Comment