Last Friday I received an email from the HR guy saying I wasn't eligible to 'bump' the position I was applying for. On the list of positions I was given, it was misleading, saying it was a Pharmacy Assistant position but with no classification behind the title (e.g. 1, 1A, 2 or 2A). I assumed it was a 1 or 1A but it turns out it was a 2. So with that my only hope to bump, I will most likely be taking the volunteer lay-off. My last day will be April 27th.
This coming Sunday, my dad will be coming to BL and load up a truck of my stuff from my storage space and take it to PG for storage in my parents' garage. (Bless their hearts!) Some good news is that I was able to donate my couch to a silent auction, donate my coffee & 2 end tables to a family in need, and possibly sell my kitchen table & chairs to a co-worker. That means less space needed for storage and others will be receiving some nice barely used furniture.
My feelings are mixed up right now regarding taking the lay-off....I'm happy for this opportunity to move to PG but am saddened to leave my good friends in BL. I do believe that when life closes a door, a window is opened and this may be my window.

No comments:
Post a Comment