Friday, January 22, 2010

A Huge Life Change

Last Wed, my boss and I had a chat. Donna, my boss, asked me to have coffee with her at 915 but I said that's early, she said "That's ok, I need coffee". Ok, so I went to her office and what I thought was to be an early break, turned into a chat. She informed me that she just finished having a meeting with the HR guy and my position (1 FTE) is now been cut because of budget cuts. My position is now a 0.5 FTE (a.k.a 37.5 hr/week to a 17 hr/wk.). (Sigh.) I knew something like this was going to happen in the near future but neither of us knew what sort of change was going to happen.
I had a meeting the next week with the HR guy, my union rep and my boss to lay out the union's options regarding further employment after displacement. Options being: apply for an already vacant position, bump a junior position, go on the casual list, voluntary lay-off or termination of employment. My plan right now is to bump a 0.4 Pharm Tech position in PG and get on the casual list in pharmacy to pick up more hours.
I will send in my list of 'bumps' to HR on Monday. I don't know when I'll find out if I get the 0.4 position. If I do get it, I hope the amount of time for me to pack and give notice is sufficient.
This is quite the life change for me. I pray things go smoothly.

No comments:

Post a Comment