Saturday, January 16, 2010

My Fujifilm Camera

Here is a pic of my camera that I purchased last April, courtesy of my income tax refund. In 2009 it was considered the "world's smallest 12x zoom". It's a pocket ultrazoom camera. I read online what the reviews were of the camera and everything looked to be good. I'm not a pro or even a novice when it comes to understanding digital cameras but I cannot seem to figure out how to not over-expose the pictures, figure out the lighting aspect of taking pictures, and the ISO and aperture lingo. I also have issues with grainy pictures.

Last night I did some research online regarding understanding the camera lingo and perhaps how to correct the over-exposure problem. I really didn't find any straight-cut answers but I did find a beginner's manual e-textbook. I'll give that a try. Hopefully that'll help.

In the meantime I have purchased another camera but quite a bit smaller and compact for the trips I will be taking this year. The Fuji camera is small but also bulky....it's not convenient to put into my purse for when I just want to walk around. The Fuji also has a fairly bulky camera case. I hope this next camera will be easy to use. I will admit to not researching much about it, but I can always return it. It's being shipped to me right now and I hope to have it this coming Monday. Since I didn't have to pay shipping/handling, I won't be at a loss if I have to return it.
Below is a pic of my new camera (and it will be red).
Well anyways, to end this blog entry....below is a very recent picture of my cat, Loomis. Yes she is on my parent's counter but she was watching and chirping at the birds through the window. (It's a cat thing.) The picture has nothing to do with my camera entry except that my camera did take a good picture of her.

2 comments:

  1. How old is Loomis now? 15yrs? We need to get a camera with faster shutter speed but alas, it's not a $$ priority right now... maybe someday. Enjoy your new toy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loomis is 9 yrs old this June/July. That picture makes her look slim but really she's not very slim.

    ReplyDelete