Thursday, August 6, 2009

I am a Proud Auntie

Since becoming an auntie in 2005 when my middle sister got married and acquired 2 step-daughters, the need/want to spoil them happened. Unfortunately because those 2 girls lived w/their mother, their visits to see their dad and my sister were only on the wknds. They were always registered in some sort of sport, activity, club etc so their wknds were jammed full.
Now in 2009, their schedules have decreased and I have hung out with the two older girls on occassion. For Christmas, they both went to Hawaii so when they finally got their pics developed I helped them scrapbook them. That was fun!
In 2008 I became an auntie again. Saibry, my niece, was born and has grown up to be a super sweet and funny girl. Since I've been around her since birth, I've been more involved in her life. I live 2.5 hours away but when I'm in town I try to play with her as much as possible. (Below she is enjoying yogurt.) In July 2009, my first nephew was born. Corbin James was 11.5 lbs!! He's still a newborn so his personality hasn't shone through yet....give it 4-5 months perhaps. Below I'm holding him 3 days after he was born.
She's such a goof! She put her legs up on her own....perfect photo opportunity I thought!
This past wknd, my dad met his first grandson for the first time.
His new little bear is almost the same size as him!!

No comments:

Post a Comment