Monday, May 25, 2009

My Life on Film

Just a moment ago, and yes I'm still at work, I was reading the comment on my lastest post and thought about when my mom and I were watching the 8mm film reels in the dining room wall last year. The reels came from my grandpa's storage room. We watched films of my dad when he was a teenager, my dad's brother Dan, other relatives and then there were two reels of me as a baby. These particular films were in color but had no sound which is VERY unfortunate. When I started watching me and my young parents on the film, the reality was very surreal that I was watching myself as a baby. Describing how that feels is a bit difficult as it felt a bit bizarre as well but more surreal I think.

I hope one day those films can be converted to DVD with some sound in the background....it's like watching a silent movie but still no music in the background. Converting is very expensive though as it's priced by the foot most of the time.

We'll see....

No comments:

Post a Comment