I've been planning for over a year now to scrapbook my own baby pictures using the original pictures too. Since my mom had all the originals in a photo album she wanted me to make copies of the originals to replace in the photo album. The task of just getting over 100 pics copied took months and money. I had chosen the album and paper collection quite early on in the planning of my book. What took a while was finding all the papers in the collection. The next part of this project was finding time and motivation to scrap it. I was excited about the project as a whole, but finding time to unpack all my supplies, finding a place to do it and finding the motivation to do it was a challenge.
Two weekends ago came the opportunity to start the project. It was National Scrapbooking day and myself along with 6 other ladies went to our Creative Memories' consultants house to scrap for 7-8 hrs. What a perfect time to start the project. I got about 8 pages done that day. One of the ladies there had a great idea for me to photocopy the back of the photos where my mom made comments and post them with the picture. Then I don't have to rewrite them and I'll still have mom's original comments visible. Then another opportunity came this Friday evening and all day Saturday I scrapped with a few other ladies in a hall called Rose Lake Hall on Rose Lake. We didn't spend the night there but was able to leave all our stuff out overnight which was great. In total I did 18 pages over Fri evening (3 hrs) and Saturday (8 hrs). Needless to say I'm quite tired and my brain is empty of creativity.
When the next time I will continue this project is unfortunately unknown but, at least, I have 7 pages left to do. That'll take me to Kindergarden.
Two weekends ago came the opportunity to start the project. It was National Scrapbooking day and myself along with 6 other ladies went to our Creative Memories' consultants house to scrap for 7-8 hrs. What a perfect time to start the project. I got about 8 pages done that day. One of the ladies there had a great idea for me to photocopy the back of the photos where my mom made comments and post them with the picture. Then I don't have to rewrite them and I'll still have mom's original comments visible. Then another opportunity came this Friday evening and all day Saturday I scrapped with a few other ladies in a hall called Rose Lake Hall on Rose Lake. We didn't spend the night there but was able to leave all our stuff out overnight which was great. In total I did 18 pages over Fri evening (3 hrs) and Saturday (8 hrs). Needless to say I'm quite tired and my brain is empty of creativity.
When the next time I will continue this project is unfortunately unknown but, at least, I have 7 pages left to do. That'll take me to Kindergarden.
Below are some examples of my progress....
Looks great so far! I really need to do something similar with my early family pictures from the 70's and 80's...
ReplyDelete