It's 8:41pm as I'm typing this and it's still 26 degrees (approx 82 farenheit). The pics below are of the view I have outside my bedroom window. Not a cloud in the sky, almost an ice-like smooth lake, green trees and grass and I'm HOT!! I have a fan blowing on my back and neck and the fan is blowing not so cold air.
We have had over 6 months of winter and snow, not much of a spring and now we're jumping into summer and it's June.....I woulda preferred a spring segue (pronounced "seg-way") but oh well.....we get all extremes of weather here.
I work in a hospital that has NO air conditioning....just oscillating fans in windows and in hallways. The outside doors are also all open for air flow....well that's the theory we're going with. This is my 4th summer here and working in the hospital has not gotten any easier in the summer. At least my job doesn't require much movement like nursing or maintenance does but still....very uncomfortable. The plan for the health authority is for BL to get a new hospital in about 5 years. Well the plan may be approved by the health authority but now it's up to the Ministry to approve it. For all we know the plans are sitting on whoever's desk under a pile of paper. I think this hospital should still be improved until we get that new hospital. The employees here can't just wait until it happens and in the meantime swelter in the summer and freeze in the winter. Really now!!
I never intended this blog to become a rant but it needed to be let out. (Sorry to the readers) :)
Anyhoo....below are some peaceful pics of the north.....ENJOY!!
I LOVE the summers up north due to the late & lit nights. Sorry about the A/C, though:-( I thought they'd have to have A/C for the patients comfort/ health. Even in San Diego, A/C was rare.
ReplyDeleteIt is quite unfortunate for the patients as well....I bet its really stuffy in their rooms along with whatever odours are down the hall wouldn't make for a very comfortable stay. You'd think that A/C would be a standard item in large commercial/public buildings. You'd think.....
ReplyDelete