Monday, January 19, 2009

A University Update

Just this past Thursday I broke down at work because the stress and difficulty of the math course I've enrolled in, is taking a toll on me. I took half of Thursday off and all of Friday to get a break from things and to make a decision or two without any distractions.
I made a phone call to the university to confirm a couple things and ultimately ended up withdrawing from the Math 209 course with plans to re-register at a later date. I have re-registered for Comp 200, which I withdrew from last year, and it will start in March. There is a bit of a silver lining to all this. I can still work on my math, without a tutor, and when I re-register I will be further along in the course, will be able to hand in the assignments, and complete it within the first deadline (and that's my theory.)
I suppose a bit of a weight has been lifted by doing this but at the same time, by doing this, I may have jeopardized my funding from my union. I think even if I stayed in the course I wouldn't have completed it by the last deadline anyways, and that would've put a Fail on my transcript. By doing what I did, I get a WF (withdrawal failure) but it's not on the transcript.
Now it's Monday and I didn't take my math stuff to work today. I had been doing that for the past couple months as my work days are very slow so I'm able to get in a couple hours of studying.
I hope I made the right decision. I'm rarely confident that I do make the right decision with big things such as this but this one had to be made.

2 comments:

  1. Each of us has our own breaking point, and I'm glad for your sake that the next few months will be a little easier...

    ReplyDelete