Today is our first large day of snow. It started falling after 7am and it's now 2:11pm and still coming down. In the morning it was first alot of blowing snow but it sure has settled on the ground, nevertheless. The weather network says no snow for tomorrow and that's a good thing because I was hoping to drive 1.5hrs to Smithers to do some last Christmas shopping and to pay for a course at the scrapbook store. This may be the last time I can get up to Smithers or even PG before Christmas....it all depends on the roads. The highways up in the north are never 100% clear after any substantial snowfall so it makes getting errands done a chore that needs to be planned almost well in advance. At times like this I miss the lower mainland where you can go anywhere at anytime of the day without really worrying about the weather and road conditions. I'd take the rainy season over snow...there's no shovelling rain, scrapping rain off the car windows, trudging through the rain, slipping and sliding through the rain. Sure snow looks nice at first but then the cars get driving through it and it's brown and ucky. What a downer I'm making this blog entry to be....oh well...it's reality. If I were more of an outdoor person in the winter season I'm sure I'd appreciate it alot more.
So here's to 6 months of white stuff....
Snow??!! It was 80F here today. What a different world. I sometimes wish for snow, but not 6 months of it. We really do need rain, though.
ReplyDelete