Thursday, November 13, 2008

Being Comfortable in My Own Skin

I'm starting a book called "Comfortable in Your Own Skin: Making Peace with your Body Image" written by Deborah Newman. This book is affiliated with Focus on the Family. It's a devotional book that takes about 6 weeks to complete. During my first bit of reading of chapter one, the book encourages answering the questions by writing them in a journal....I need to get a little book to write in.
A couple weeks ago at church I felt a burdon to be prayed for and a lady named Bonnie came to me. After the prayer she talked to me that I need to diligently pursue what's in the Word and adapt it to my life. I know myself to not be able to understand what the Bible says and be able to adapt it to my life so I thought I'd get some help. I found the above book and thought it to be a great find from http://www.amazon.ca/ as it addresses what one of my issues are.
I've also been going to counselling for my depression and other issues in my life but am finding it to be very 'hollow'. I know where my answer is to feeling fulfilled but I'm the type of person who wants quick answers. What I should do is show my counselor the book I found and let her know that my answer is from above not on earth. Wonder if she'll get that?

1 comment:

  1. Wow- sounds like a good book/study. I, too, want easy one-button answers and I'm frustrated when the answer is returned that I have to walk the journey to find the answers. I'm sure your consillor would be open to hearing about the book although she wouldn't understand the spiritual side of it. Good luck:-)

    ReplyDelete