Wednesday, October 22, 2008

America is Expensive

Today on the radio news I heard the Cdn dollar is at 81.4 cents which means one American dollar costs $1.23...that's ridiculous! I remember when we were par and then even better than the American dollar (2007/2008). How was the American economy then? It would make sense that the Canadian one was going alright then.
Since the economy crisis in the States, the price for a barrel of oil in Canada is less than $80 which is good for our gas prices. We're at $1.129/litre right now. At one point we were at $1.459/litre which was $5.836/gallon. Life sure is getting expensive!
I definately don't understand any of the stuff regarding the economy, recession, inflation etc but it's very sad that this is happening and the people in high places don't seem to be agreeing quickly on resolving this problem, but then again, I may be wrong.

2 comments:

  1. Ya, sucks, eh? There are way too many rich CEO's that are distroying Wall Street. (I think you mean $1.129/litre;-) Here, it is $3.53 USD/gallon ($1.107 CAD/L). Not too much difference, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did I do the math wrong? I multiplied 4L = G...ya?

    ReplyDelete