Sunday, June 10, 2012

Mini Update

My upcoming road trip

On June 20th I leave for the lower mainland and have a BUSY time planned.  Here goes:
Wed: leave PG (8-9 hr drive) to Richmond to stay @ Diana's
Thurs: leave Diana's (she goes to work), drive to Surrey to Tracy's, hang with her for the day, spend nite and
Fri: hang with Tracy (shopping) and then head to Michelle's in PM, stay @ Michelle's
Sat: drive to Washington with Michelle.  I hope to hit the Fossil outlet store and a scrub store north of Seattle.  Then continue to Tacoma for dinner, check in at hotel and then head to Tacoma Dome for the Nickelback/Seether/My Darkest Days/Bush concert!!  Rock on!!
Sun: leave Washington, head back to Surrey.  Drop off Michelle, head to Langley to see grandpa.  Have dinner with Brenda and Diana @ Cactus Club.  Stay @ grandpa's.
Mon: hanging out with grandpa, no major plans. Stay @ grandpa's.
Tues: leave grandpa's, drive to Abbotsford to have a mini reunion with Kate (high school friend) who I haven't seen in many years.  We'll have coffee, catch up etc and then I leave for back home (8-9 hr drive).
Then on Wed I'm back to work with stories and tales to share with my buds!

So in 10 days I leave!!!  SOOOOOO pumped!!!

Why am I hurting so badly??

For the past 3-4 months-ish, I've had a sore left knee and right shoulder.  Sore as in can't bend the knee with intense pain, can't do stairs, get in/out of car, sit for long periods of time, squat etc without the pain.  Sore shoulder as in hard to get dressed and move in specific motions without intense pain.  After a while of that, perhaps a couple months, the right knee and left shoulder started getting intense pain.  Same symptoms and lack of movement with intense pain. ( I won't say excrutiating pain but intense will be close enough.) 
Last year I had the same pain in my right knee for months before heading to physio and after a couple months of that (weekly appts) my knee was better.  Apparently my IT bands were pulling my knee cap to the side.  Anyways, why would the opposite knee start feeling the same way?  This year, a couple months ago, I started going to the gym but last year I didn't do anything active, so it's not consistant.  I've gone to physio 3x now with they're 'diagnosis' as being the IT bands doing the same thing and my rotator cuffs being weak/strained but there's really no reason why.  I'm working a physical job at work on a regular basis now but have done this job many times before so..... is that the cause?
I've been taking Ibuprofen (Advil) 800 mg 2x/day but that has given NO relief so stopped taking it.  I tried Naproxen 375 mg 2x but NO relief so finally went to walk-in clinic yesterday to ask for a stronger anti-inflammatory.  After telling the DR briefly the problems and then listening to him telling me to go to my dr etc I finally got a prescription for Naproxen 500 mg 2x/day and that anything lower than that probably won't do anyone any good anyways (Dr said).  I took one dose and without really noticing the pain lessening, the pain did lessen a bit to where I could go downstairs without pain.  Not too shabby.  I need to take one this am in a moment, then tonite and we'll see how I feel.
Tomorrow I will call my DR to make an appointment and I want to be tested for arthritis or tendenitis or bursitis etc....I need an answer as physio on a regular basis is $$$, $45/visit.  I have to submit my receipts to extended health coverage so I'm still out the money before reimbursement of 80%. 
Anyways, that's my update for now.  I should apologize (to myself) about not blogging more regularly...been over a month now.  Guess I'm not really into it as much.  I have more time on my hands now that all my pharmacy courses/exams are done until November.  That's another story for another time....

 


No comments:

Post a Comment