Saturday, July 10, 2010

Oh Deer!!

Just this past Thursday (July 8th) I was driving my usual early morning route to V'hoof to work when all of a sudden a deer came up from the ditch beside me (driver's side), hopped towards me as I was driving 100 km/hr and crashed into my car. 
I was on a curve that went towards the left and the deer came up from the left side, hopped towards my car and while I had a short moment to slow down, it wasn't enough to save the deer (or my car).  He flew off my hood and into the ditch, somewhere, on the passenger side.  I pulled over off the highway, inspected the major dents on my car and was debating whether I should find the deer and see how it was doing.  Very quickly, a thought entered my mind of "what if it's still alive and suffering?"....I didn't want to see that so I got back into my car and drove off to work.
Nonetheless, I was upset.  I turned off my radio and drove in silence the rest of the way (1/2 hr longer).  I wasn't in the mood for tunage anymore.  I felt like a killer of an innocent being.  Poor Mr./Mrs. Deer....it's family will be wondering where they are.  Then again, why would a deer hop onto the highway when it saw me coming and hop in front of my car!!??
ICBC here I come.
Oh and one more thing.  A few days before this incident happened, I was driving the same highway but back to PG from V'hoof and an oncoming semi-truck flicked up a stone about the size of an open fist and it landed on my windshield!  I saw it coming towards me but I had NO way of avoiding it.  WOW!  What an expensive highway to drive!

No comments:

Post a Comment