Well my Christmas baking doesn't consist of yummy sweet treats but instead consists of nuts n'bolts. I think I started making large batches of it in 2003, perhaps. Since then some family members request it at Christmas and I'm very happy to make it. Although this year, unfortunately, the corn snack "Bugles" are now discontinued. I put those into the batches last year for the first time and they were a huge hit! That snack has been around over 50 years and now it's gone....what is this world coming to?? They might as well discontinue Cheerios too!! (Who are "they" by the way??) Below is what 2 x double batches looks like! Not very much considering I'm giving a bunch to each sister and my parents and then the rest for Christmas day. I"ll have to make another double batch next week. Sure gets expensive though :( But belive you me, it's WORTH IT!!
Nuts n'Bolts - Double recipe
1/2 c butter, melted
2 tbsp worchestershire sauce
1 tsp each: celery salt, garlic salt, onion salt, and paprika
4 cups of each: Cheerios, Chex/Crispex/Shreddies, pretzels
3 c peanuts
1/2 bag corn chips
1 1/2 c corn nuts (regular flavour)
Heat oven to 250F. Melt butter, blend with seasonings. Pour over rest of ingredients mixed in large oblong pan (roaster). Stir, bake one hour, stirring with wooden spoon every 15 min. Yummy!
No comments:
Post a Comment