Tuesday, August 19, 2008

My First Tandem Skydive...and not my last!

On Aug 16/08 my day to skydive had come.
This is the runway at the airport in Vernon, BC. The place was called Okanagon Skydive Adventures. It cost $249 to jump + $80 for a hand-held video by the instructor as I jumped. The teeny tiny plane I was to fly in.
My tandem-instructor buckling me up.

Notice how we are fashionably matched??
The plane was quite squishy as there were 5 adults in it. Four of us were sitting on the floor and the pilot had the seat. Right before the flight and during, the instructor asked me some questions, instructed me how to get out of the plane while in the air and then during the flight got some good shots of the views with the video camer. But then the unimagined happened...the video camera's battery DIED!!! I ended up getting a refund but my first jump will never be recorded :(
And I'm off....
Remember how I said we were fashionably matched? Well the parachute matched too!!!
I'm coming in for a smooth landing.
Smooth landing?? I think not. I landed on my feet after the instructor touched down but then I went forward onto my knees and stomach....how lady-like!!
Love the rat's nest that's my hair! Falling from a plane will do that to you.
Getting un-harrnessed. Those things are really really uncomfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment