Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Best Ball Golf Tourney - Carnoustie golf course, Burns Lake

Taking a practice swing, which I was quite good at, but when it came to making contact with the ball, I was all air!
Yes, that's what we encountered on holes 5, 6, and 7! We were like drowned rats!
Brenda (red) taking a swing. Myself and Dalice looking on.
My mom...not sure what she's doing
My ball...in the water. That happened 2x!
My mom trying to take cover from the down pour!
#7 hole...after the rain

On July 12th, I organized a Best Ball golf tourney for the hospital employees and their spouses. Thirteen people came out. We played 9 holes, gave out prizes and had a dinner afterwards. This was just for fun...no money was raised. The intention was to raise morale and bring people together. Unfortunately this this day held a wedding reception for a co-worker and a funeral for a young person within the community. Tons of fun was had even though we looked like drowned rats after that huge rain fall. It was agreed to hold another one next summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment