Monday, April 16, 2012

My Injury

It was a bit more than superficial....I saw some subcutaneous layers too.  Kinda cool.

Me with stitched up left pointer finger and carpal tunnel in right wrist.  A true bonefied gymp.
10 days ago I was trying to hem some scrub pants and the scissors sliced my finger rather than cut into the fabric...I know, how do you slice fingers rather than fabric?  It happens, believe me. 

I figure I probably could've transfused a small person with the amount of red liquid coming out of me. haha.  So off to the ER I went, against mom's thoughts, and I ended up with 4 stitches.  I met 2 resident doctors who's med orders I have entered into the computer at work....reason I say that is it's interesting to put a face to the handwriting and sometimes, horrible handwriting it is too.  Anyways, I was in and out in 2 hrs and I think that's pretty good considering it was a full moon and the ER was super quiet.  Odd.

My stitches came out today.  Unfortunately I didn't take a pic of the stiches but was meaning too.  I have lost some sensation on the right inside of finger tip.  Doctor says will take about 1 year for full sensation to reappear, and if it doesn't then it won't.  No major loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment