Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Hmmmmm...what to write about?

I'm sitting on a chair in the livingroom with 16:9 on the tv.  The first part of the show was about a polygamist family in Bountiful and how they've broken away from the traditional beliefs of the polygamist beliefs and have their own church in Bountiful of about 500 people.  The husband, Winston, has 1 wife and over 100 children!  Craziness if you ask me.  He's had more wives at one time before though...over 30 I believe.  The children in this family don't wear the long dresses or dress pants/shirts.  They wear everyday clothing that other children their age wear anywhere else.  Some of the girls are even dating.  One of the wives will be going to school to train as a teacher.  These children aren't pressured to marry early either....if a daughter wants to go to school, live in Toronto and marry in her mid-30's, then go for it, says the dad.  But nevertheless, he's still being investigated (polygamy) by the Supreme Court of Canada and it's being decided whether polygamy should still be illegal.
Onto a less-hearted topic.  I've officially finished the 2nd course of the hCG diet and since the first time being weighed in June, I've lost ~31 lbs (according to scale at Dr office).  On the scale at home, it says I've lost 36 lbs.  I'll stick with the latter number as I still weigh myself daily.  Sure I've gained a couple since the diet has ended but I'm planning and anticipating on maintaining this weight.  I NEED to.  I've already been eating 'non-diet' stuff but the weight number has been stable.

I've been thinking (yup, again) about changing up the career/job from what I have right now.  There's a couple reasons why I'd like to change:
1.  change of pace
2.  enter into a different way of life a.k.a. change it up
3.  get a way from the 'regulation' changes of pharmacy, it hasn't been laid out yet, the changes

My thinking is going towards parole officer.  I'd have to do a degree program of either psychology, sociology, criminology, social work.  I'd choose criminology.  I'd done 1 year already in 1998 but I'd need to (want to) redo that year anyways.  Maybe I'd be able to get out of the english class though....that'd be nice.  I don't know what the pay scale is for parole officers (PO) but am still looking into it.  I've had a long-time interest in the criminal industry.  Did that sound wrong or bad?  haha....I'm talking about the criminal system, prisons, looking for reasons why people do certain things.  I'm really interested in mental illness/es as well.  Sometimes that can be the reason too, not always though.  Anyhoo, what I'd have to do is apply at CNC in PG for fall 2012, here's the problem, I'm going on a 5 day trip to California in the middle of October with family.  I really don't want to put that off but I also don't want to miss classes either.  And I really, really want to go!  Priorities eh?  I wonder if I can start in Jan 2013 rather than Sept 2012?  Something to look into.
until then....

1 comment: