This past Sunday (Nov 1st) I moved into a house that's across the street from where I work. I now live alone unless you count the loud fridge, squeaky toilet, and loud banging dryer to keep me company. This house belonged to an elderly couple, now deceased, and the house is being looked after by the Rotary in town. I was given a great break on the rent as well. The original cost was gonna be $800/month but of course I couldn't afford that unless I had a roommate. There was a potential lady how may have been my roommate but she ended up buying a house instead. The rotary decided to let me have it for the monthly cost of the utilities of $231.00/month!!! You really can't beat that.
The house will be put on the real estate market at the beginning of April 2010 though. If/when it sells I'll move back to the nurses' residence (my 2nd home). But that's not for 5 more months. The house came fully furnished with furniture, bedding/linens, dishes etc. There's even a dishwasher! Get this though, it's avacado green along with the dryer which is beside the dishwasher in the kitchen. The washer is downstairs but it's white. The downstairs is completely NOT finished so that makes it a bit creepy to go down there to do laundry. Who knows what sort of creatures are lurking there!?
The day before I moved in I was there and I heard a squeaking sound....kinda like a mouse/rat squeak. It was coming from downstairs but behind the downstairs door. I wasn't going to open the door either, so instead I was kinda freaking out about it. Then next day I moved in and still heard the squeaking sound. I opened the door but the sound was coming from further away. But it also sounded like it was coming from the bathroom beside the kitchen. I opened the bathroom door, the sound got louder and was behind the toilet. EEeeek!! BUT..... no mouse/rat. The toilet was making the noise!!! Well that was a relief (pardon the pun!) Haha...ya know...toilet....relief....ok never mind.
Other than that, my great friend Brenda has been so kind as to help me clean the house. Unfortunately when I arrived it wasn't cleaned. I've had to change a lot of light bulbs, clean bathrooms (2), wash dishes, clean oven and stove thoroughly, dust living/dining rooms, carpet shampooing will happen, and I'd like to take down the awful ugly dirty drapes and hang up something else....I will find the source of the musty smell someway somehow.
Well that's all for now.....oh wait. One more thing. When I took the lint tray out of the dryer, you shoulda seen how much lint was in there.....at least 2 inches think!!! I'm sure all mothers and grandmothers are cringing!!
No comments:
Post a Comment