While standing on that bridge, Diana and I were attacked by a very harsh cold wind. It went through our bones, made our hands numb and pratically killed the batteries in our cameras. (I hear severe coldness can do that to batteries.) The wind was literally howling through the rails on the bridge too. I tried taking a video and recording the sound of the howling but silly me didnt' take into account the noise of the actual wind being the loudest noise on the video. We'll pursue another sunset another time. So until then...this'll have to do.
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Granisle hwy and sunsets
I encountered this large moose on the way back to the hospital from Granisle. Based on the picture I wasn't actually that close. My camera has a 12x zoom now so I was able to stop quite a bit further back and watch him stand there and then.....
run away.
This picture was taken last Friday around 7:30pm on Tchesinket lake. I was hanging out with Diana, public health nurse, and I suggested we go sunset hunting since I brought my camera along. Below is what I called "the heavens coming down".
Since Tchesinkut lake wasn't offering very much in the sunset area, we drove to the little bridge that crosses Burns Lake and stood on the side of it waiting for the sunset to happen....well nevertheless, the sun did set, but there wasn't any pretty colours to report.
While standing on that bridge, Diana and I were attacked by a very harsh cold wind. It went through our bones, made our hands numb and pratically killed the batteries in our cameras. (I hear severe coldness can do that to batteries.) The wind was literally howling through the rails on the bridge too. I tried taking a video and recording the sound of the howling but silly me didnt' take into account the noise of the actual wind being the loudest noise on the video. We'll pursue another sunset another time. So until then...this'll have to do.
And just for kicks, this is what Diana & I say happens on a typical Friday night in Burns Lake. (Yes, that is underwear on top of their pants.....honestly!!)
While standing on that bridge, Diana and I were attacked by a very harsh cold wind. It went through our bones, made our hands numb and pratically killed the batteries in our cameras. (I hear severe coldness can do that to batteries.) The wind was literally howling through the rails on the bridge too. I tried taking a video and recording the sound of the howling but silly me didnt' take into account the noise of the actual wind being the loudest noise on the video. We'll pursue another sunset another time. So until then...this'll have to do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment